Roots and Wings School
Our Preschool Offers:
- A full-time program for 2.5 to 5 year olds
- 2 teachers for maximum 12 children
- Parental presence in class until full integration for each child
- The opportunity for children to develop at their own pace so they can flourish into balanced well-rounded individuals.
With patience, love and understanding we attend to each child’s needs.
Preschool weekly activities include:
Free and spontaneous play, cooking, gardening, walks, Yoga, storytelling, songs and games, fun and fascinating experiments, and creative arts.
These activities are non-academic in nature yet crucial for building a strong foundation for future academic and life success.
In all activities it is the process that counts. Each new experience offers children the opportunity to understand the world around them and enjoy the act of creating.
Parents are required to actively participate in their child’s educational journey. Once a month they share with the class a passion, a talent they have. This creates an even richer environment where children are exposed to many new experiences.
Mondays: a.m.: Yoga and fun experiments
p.m.: Bringing a Story to life through acting and singing
a.m: Creative Arts
p.m: Gardening and Yoga
Nature Walks and Outdoor Games
a.m.: Circus Atelier- "Co-ordination, co-operation and balance"
p.m: Baking or Cooking
Our Educational Approach:
- Promotes social skills
- Models emotional awareness and expression
- Stimulates the imagination
- Nourishes the senses
- Encourages experimentation and independent thinking
- Supports self-directed learning
- Promotes respect for self, for others and for nature
- Supports each child’s unique development process
- Believes in the Magic of Play
Birds fly, fish swim and children play.
Free and spontaneous play is vital in a child’s life. Through play children understand and integrate new experiences. They learn self-expression, develop creative thinking, discover their talents and have fun.